Tapping the potential of your market.
The ways to becoming a digital game changer are diverse. No two digitally successful companies have followed the same path. Our goal is to enable clients to build their unique market-entry strategies on carefully executed benchmarking campaigns, productivity analyses, market screenings and due diligence.
The case for digitally oriented investments is becoming stronger and stronger. While the number of start-ups is increasing, particularly in Europe, it is still very difficult to identify and evaluate potentially profitable targets. The question of how to invest exactly is not much easier to answer…
We helped close several transactions in diverse fields such as content marketing, programmatic advertising or e-commerce as commercial advisors. The total deal volume amounts to several hundreds of millions of euros.
- We screened the market for promising young companies in e-commerce for the digital branch of a print-focused publisher. We also tied different strategic ideas together into a solid framework for the client that was then continuously applied during the client’s investment decision-making process
- We developed an M&A strategy in the field of health care for an international services company
- We screened the European market for digital video start-ups, evaluating business models and looking for start-ups interested in financing or acquisition
While we are not an M&A boutique only, we offer many services surrounding transactions, but always from a strategic rather than an opportunistic perspective. This includes target screening, outside-in analysis, target communication, company valuation, providing drafts for key documents (letter of intent, term sheet, etc.) and full commercial due diligences. While our focus is on Europe, we’re able to provide these services in a broader international context.
At Nunatak, we have experienced investors in the web sector as well. Our team members have started companies, helped them grow, and/or participated in and organized early-stage funding. We are happy to share our experiences and expertise in digitally oriented investing to give you an extra advantage.
THE VIRTUE OF DIGITAL Marketing and Communication.
The success of a digital strategy is closely related to a company’s digital marketing and communication excellence. Selecting the right platforms and devices yields the visibility you need within your target audiences and has a direct impact on growth and revenues. Our services include the optimization and implementation of digital communication and advertising strategies, including the conception and re-positioning of digital channels, as well as monitoring and process optimization.
It is true that digital storytelling is anything but new. But technology has revolutionized the way people communicate, providing easier access to target audiences and making new business models possible.
- We worked out a strategic approach for data-driven, programmatic advertising for one of the top web publishers in Germany
- We developed and implemented an international insurance company’s content strategy by leveraging an innovative and integrated online portfolio while keeping process efficiency firmly in mind
- We helped to develop the content marketing and native advertising strategy for one of the largest European media companies to improve advertising yield
- We developed a social media strategy for one of the largest European internet portals
The inevitable gold mine.
Data management platforms (DMPs) easily hold large sets of information. With the right strategy in place, retrieving data of interest can also be a simple task. Data mining is often at the heart of a digital strategy; it is a key enabling factor to improve decisions and target customers differently. We help our clients implement the data management strategies that we develop specifically for them, for example, by scanning the market for the best-matched DMP or by supporting with the actual analytics.
- We helped developing a big data strategy for a large media corporation by evaluating the customer-specific potential in a data-based field of business, including a market estimation, analysis of growth potential and customer-specific use cases.
- We conducted a target screening of data management platforms and accompanied a leading market research company with general investment support.
- We helped set up social media monitoring strategies and reporting for several customers.
The digital boot camp.
We love to help people help themselves. A special component of our service portfolio is the Nunatak Academy: in cooperation with creative minds from the digital industry, we train managers in digital trends and business models. With targeted workshops, participants interactively experience the most relevant digital topics in a real-life context and learn to apply these to their markets.
Through one- or two-day digital boot camps we expose managers to the latest trends and changes in their industry, including in big data analytics, virtual reality, social media advertising, digital video, mobile application development, crowd funding, three-dimensional printing and wearable technology. We translate these developments into each client’s context and require participants to develop practical solutions rather than lecturing them.
The Nunatak Group and the Bertelsmann University developed this training concept jointly; over 150 top executives from one of the world’s largest media conglomerates have already participated. Their enthusiastic feedback has encouraged us to advance the idea further. Similar formats have since been carried out with Pro7Sat1 Media AG, Red Bull GmbH and Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Acquire new ideas for future growth
- Identify promising digital business models and learn how to evaluate them
- Meet entrepreneurs and creative minds from digital industries
- Learn how digital tools enhance your daily work and personal life
- Recognize changes in consumers’ behaviour and expectations even before they affect your business
- Adjust your strategy to the requirements of the digital age
For previous Nunatak Academy events, we had renowned speakers and industry experts from companies such as Red Bull, Facebook, Twitter, Eyem, Wooga, Vice, Hubraum, Buzzfeed, Playbuzz, Promiflash and many more.
For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Futurizing your business.
Companies are under constant pressure to increase their digital footprints. Changing media usage and new technologies and platforms now require new business models with a solid foothold in the digital world. We help capture digital opportunities to drive growth within an increasingly competitive and dynamic digital business environment.
Having run dozens of digital transformation projects, we work with our customers all the way – from the evaluation of digital services and structures to the creation of business models, business planning, case design and the full support of the transformation process (change management, IT).
Our clients benefit from our innovative and entrepreneurial thinking, industry experience and our elaborate network within the international start-up ecosystem.
- We developed the company-wide digital strategy and road map for a top-tier trade fair company, taking advantage of existing capabilities as well as exploiting new business opportunities
- We helped one of the largest publishers in Germany structure its digital efforts, introduce new services, educate its workforce and implement business strategies designed to decrease dependence on print revenues
- We supported the digital transformation process for an international engineering company – across all relevant departments
- We developed the strategy and go-to-market for a new digital venture spin-off for one of the largest European Internet Service Providers